What's Involved In Heavy Machinery Shipping?
It depends on what heavy machine(s) you are looking to ship and the start/end location, however there are certainly some common procedures in heavy machinery shipping.
- We handle site pickup and delivery for you.
- In some cases we can disassemble them to fit in conventional containers which is normally the cheapest option, though this is not always possible and the cost to disassemble sometimes outweighs the cost savings.
- Preparation of the machine is very important to avoid the machinery being rejected or costing thousands of dollars in cleaning and decontamination when it arrives in the country. If you’re unsure then we can do the cleaning for you to ensure no dirt or contamination is present.
- We collect your machinery and take care of all the customs and port formalities, if cranes are needed to lift your machinery then we can handle it all for you.
- Non-operational heavy machines can be serviced by us where a basic fault has occurred i.e. flat batteries, tires, hydraulic malfunctions and more.
- Loading and lashing is handled by experienced professionals who understand loading points and weight distribution. You can be confident your precious machinery won’t move unduly during transport.
- We handle equipment disassembly to make it configurable for cheaper machinery shipping.
- On arrival we will pre-clear your machinery with Customs so there are no hold ups with inspection by quarantine. Should your machine need to be washed for quarantine clearance we have excellent relationships with the ports and wash bays to get your machine cleared and off the port as soon as possible.