shipping Cars to UK

Importing a car to the United Kingdom for returning residence is certainly worth considering as you can take advantage of Duty and VAT exemptions.

Please ensure you read below information on obtaining the Duty/VAT exemption, because as the importer of the vehicle its your responsibility to apply for the exemption. We can't do this on your behalf. Once you have the VAT exemption we will handle all the export documentation and shipping requirements for your car from Australia and New Zealand to the UK.

Our local shipping agent in the UK specialises in vehicles, and will handle the arrival Customs formalities for you. Just call us and see how we can help.

80% receive a quote in 30 seconds! More complex jobs will receive a response within 24 hours.

How do I get Duty/VAT exemption

From the 1st of April 2017 all Importers moving to the UK intending to request relief from Duty/VAT under Transfer of Residence(UK ONLY – Cannot use for people moving goods into Europe) must now apply online prior to shipping.

The application needs to be completed by the importer online, printed, signed, and sent to the National Clearance Hub. This application has to be completed by the Importer, and be approved prior to arrival in to the UK. This will cover Personal effects and Vehicles for import in to the UK.

The application form and supporting docs will need to be sent by email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. If you are not able to email the application and supporting documents, they can be sent by conventional Post or Courier to the address below, but we recommend emial to get the fastest resopnse.

  • HM Revenue and Customs National Clearance Hub
  • Ralli Quays
  • 3 Stanley Street

80% receive a quote in 30 seconds! More complex jobs will receive a response within 24 hours.